The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership of all A Kid Again activities in the state of Michigan. This includes donor cultivation and stewardship, Advisory Board member recruitment and engagement, future staff management, and family/program delivery and outcomes.
– Serve as the chief development officer for all fundraising activities in the state. This includes corporate, foundation and private donor relationships. In-person meetings and grant writing are necessary for the success of this role.
– Recruit and engage members to the Advisory Board. These individuals should help to elevate relationships for the chapter in the community, assist in fundraising and provide visibility for A Kid Again across their networks.
– Execute high level fundraising events in the chapter’s market, including securing sponsorships and coordinating logistics.
– Cultivate relationships with health systems, social workers and other mission-aligned nonprofits to enroll new families in the chapter.
– Ensure year-round program delivery and outcomes for families. This is done through community partnerships with amusement parks, zoos and sporting events.
– Prepare and submit annual budgets for the chapter, with the engagement of the Advisory board and National office. This individual is responsible for the revenue and expenses set forth in the budget.
– Must have a bachelors degree with 5+ years of professional experience in the non-profit sector, preferably having served as an Executive Director.
– Work experience must include a minimum of three years in a fundraising role.
– Strong working knowledge of donor software applications (Raiser’s Edge), a plus.
– Since this is a new chapter, an entrepreneurial spirit and attitude is a must.
ABOUT A KID AGAIN
Since 1995, A Kid Again has been fostering hope, happiness and healing for families raising kids with life-threatening conditions. We provide year-found, fun-filled activities for the entire immediate family alongside other families going through a similar situation. We call these activities, Adventures, and they occur multiple times a year and are at no cost to the families. To learn more, visit www.akidagain.org.
Send resume to: email@example.com | Compensation: $80,000-$95,000 (or commensurate with experience)
The preceding job description has been written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. A Kid Again, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.