Since 1995, A Kid Again fosters hope, happiness and healing for families raising kids with life-threatening illnesses. We provide year-found fun-filled activities for the entire family alongside other families in a similar situation. We call these Adventures and they occur multiple times a year and are at no cost to the families. This is accomplished thanks to the generous support of our staff, volunteers and donors who give of their time, talent and treasure. To learn more, visit www.akidagain.org.
Overview of the Position:
The Operations role will serve on the Executive Leadership Team for the national organization providing strategic and tactical guidance that significantly impacts the mission, vision, growth and success of A Kid Again. This position will handle administrative and operational responsibilities. This position will have several direct and indirect reports and will provide guidance, as necessary, to the Executive Directors in the local markets. This person must have proven experience in general organization leadership and leading leaders.
The position will formulate policies, manage daily operations, and plan the use of materials and human resources. This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours, flexible work schedule and occasional weekend work.
Reporting: The leader will report to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National organization based out of Columbus, Ohio.
Essential Functions include the following: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assess current staffing of organization and design plan to maximize staffing efficiency
• Lead Human Resources, IT, Marketing and Events
• Attract, train, retain and develop superior talent.
• Oversee benefits administration.
• Ensure compliance with applicable labor standards and legal requirements.
• Design and manage training programs for all positions.
• Oversee effective internal communications.
• Bring forth nonprofit and general business practices to help advance the organization
• Assist with strategic plan execution and board committee work
• Overseeing risk management activities including review of all legal documents and agreements.
• Ensure appropriate internal controls are practiced.
• Oversee facilities selection and maintenance.
• Manage hardware and software needs of the organization.
• Ensure proper backup and security standards are in place.
• Manage vendors and maintenance agreements.
• Bachelor’s degree, required.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Nonprofit, preferred.
• Strong operational experience demonstrated by 10+ years’ experience in a corporate or socially responsible organization, required.
• Non-profit experience, preferred.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products, including, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, required.
• Strong knowledge of current customer resource management (CRM) software applications (Blackbaud, Razor’s Edge, Salesforce, or any other CRM), preferred. Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Social media savviness, preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis.
• Experience designing, implementing and administering policies and procedures, required.
• Comfortable dealing with complex concepts, required.
Note: Position and compensation commensurate to experience. Alternative work arrangements considered, including periodic work from home.
A Kid Again is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All interested applicants must send their resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The preceding job description has been written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
A Kid Again, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.